Cosplay Online Shopping | Review: Three Smitten Kittens (Part 1)6:34 AM
(Warning: long and image-heavy post)
|The new logo of Three Smitten Kittens aka 3SK|
Then around late 2012, I saw she was starting a business of creating polymer clay items and asked inquiries about my Irisviel brooch. I was just inquiring, but have no plans of having it made yet. But when I saw her strawberry jewelry set, I asked if I can have one made for my friend. It was already Christmas and decided to give personalized gifts to my cosplay group. In the end, Aki made the strawberry jewelry set and personalized name keychains seen below:
And since then, I go to Aki when I need some cosplay accessories done that I can’t do on my own.
PRODUCTS/SERVICES AVAILED FROM THREE SMITTEN KITTENS
When it comes to cosplay-related and figure-related merchandise (especially fragile ones), I prefer meet-ups to be safe (except when I am really very busy) because sometimes our shipping couriers are not very careful with some packages. We met in SM Fairview, paid the minimal meet-up fee, got the item, talked to Aki for a bit and thanked her. When I got home, I immediately opened the package and was excited to see the finished look:
|Brooch with ribbon. Ribbon provided by me|
And of course, this part will not end without pictures of me wearing the brooch:
|Photo by: Lian Tablan|
|Photo by: Lian Tablan|
Though, I believe it wasn’t very easy to do the flower headband. In our FB PM exchange, this is how it turned out:
|Click for larger image|
|Pics from Aki|
|Pacakging from Three Smitten Kittens|
|Photo by Lian Tablan|
|Pictures from Aki|
And of course, here is a picture of my boyfie wearing the headgear:
|Photo by Rina Vallejo Lappay|
- Great customer service. Aki gives updates, WIPs, suggestions, and concerns regarding the products that she is making for you.
- She will also tell you what materials she is using and why the price is like that for your product.
- Aside from FB PMs, she also gives updates on her projects in their FB page.
- Fast and smooth transactions
- Easy payment modes
- Aside from creating your cosplay and non-cosplay accessories, she also helps you in how to make the accessories. For instance, while we were discussing if she can make my Mulan medal, she also told me ways on how to do it on my own. Same with Mulan’s sword. In the end, my bf and I made both and she was happy to find out we did them on our own.
- She also has a blog where she gives suggestions, advices, concerns and more on her arts and crafts as well as on cosplay topics and issues.
- Very interactive and approachable
- So far, I can’t find anything that I don’t love with Three Smitten Kittens or with Aki. She has been very helpful to me in providing me great made-to-order cosplay and non-cosplay accessories.
- Make sure to provide clear and proper reference pictures for your made-to-order accessories.
- Give detailed instructions and descriptions so Aki can get the look right. This is especially applicable if you are very OC. XD
- She is more reachable in FB PM.