Figurine Collecting General Information: Part 312:59 AM
|One of the most expensive Kaworu Nagisa figurines|
|Kurama (Wolf version) - YuYu Hakusho|
|Marik Ishtar - Yu-gi-oh - One of my favorite characters.|
I already pre ordered him from Onegai Oniichan.
- List down first the figures that you want to acquire, maybe, for 6 months to one year. In this way, you will know what to prioritize and then fix it chronologically, with the top figure as the one you really want.
- After making a list, see if you have the budget for the figures. As I have said in the past posts, figure collecting is expensive so you need to set a budget or at least save up.
- If you do, buy the figure. If not, you have to wait until you have saved enough. I know the feeling when you want to buy a figure so much and you will say “you have enough money” when actually you don’t have. This is especially true when the store either allows installments or downpayments. So see into your money first before buying first.
- This is one advice that I have learned the hard way and have suffered (and still is) the consequences: Never order a lot of figures at the same time. This is especially true for pre-orders and backorders that have gaps of weeks to months before the figures arrive. Before you know it, you are already overwhelmed with the many figures you have to pay before the deadline arrives. So take it easy and, as I said awhile ago, prioritize the figures that you want to get and maybe set a schedule on when you want to buy them.
- Set a sort of a goal on what figures you plan to collect, like sort of a theme. Just like what I did where I plan to collect my favorite characters from Fate/Zero and from old-school animes. In this way, you will know what you really want.
- If you want some organizing and knowing what you want, you can try creating an account here: http://myfigurecollection.net/.
- And of course, just like any hobby, have fun and enjoy collecting. J
Now if you have questions about figure collecting that I did not cover, feel free to ask me in the comments section below or PM me in my FB page here. I will combine some of your questions and make a post about them. I will be happy to answer your questions and even give tips and advices if you want. J